Air Injection Modelling using STARS
Learn about air injection-based thermal recovery and how to simulate this process using STARS. You will gain knowledge of the fundamental concepts including:
- Reservoir fluid characterization
- Combustion reaction kinetics (LTO, HTO, etc.)
You will also broaden understanding of laboratory experimental requirements and techniques (PDSC, TGA, RTO and combustion tubes). Throughout the course, you will use WinProp and experimental PVT data to model the reservoir fluid behaviour. Features and simulation capabilities of STARS will be demonstrated in hands-on exercises to develop laboratory scale and field scale models (HPAI, THAI, hybrid SAGD/ISC, etc.). Builder’s combustion process wizard will also be introduced to guide you through a step-by-step process of building an air-injection model.
After completing the course, you will be able to design and optimize air injection simulation models.
- Fundamentals of air injection processes
- Phase behaviour component modelling (compatible with reaction kinetics) using WinProp
- Overview and application of advanced STARS simulator features required to model air injection processes
- Air injection related laboratory experiments
- Development of reaction kinetics from experimental data using interactive features of Builder
- Simulation (history match and prediction) of lab scale experiments (1D combustion tube, RTO, TGA, etc.)
- Development of field scale air injection simulation model in STARS
Also Available in
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.