Best Practices for SAGD Simulation
Learn how to generate more efficient and reliable SAGD simulation models using advanced functionality available in STARS.
Review the practical aspects related to SAGD reservoir simulation models that affect results and run time. Practice various workflows to quality-check datasets using real-life cases. Through hands-on exercises and examples, learn how to modify typical SAGD models.
By the end of this course, you will be able to identify and solve problematic data pertaining to input parameters such as grid properties, thermal properties, PVT Fluid Model and Well constraints.
- Data required for SAGD simulation
- Generating a geologically consistent SAGD simulation model
- Quality check of a reservoir simulation model
- Identifying and troubleshooting data that may result in poor numerical performance
- Modification of datasets and impact on the results
- Numerical tuning and run time improvement workflow using CMOST
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.