Chemical Flooding using STARS
Learn chemical flooding with gels, foams, alkaline, surfactants and/or polymers and how to simulate this process using CMG’s advanced reservoir simulator STARS. Discuss a variety of topics from laboratory design through simulation to field implementation. Practice numerical simulation technology to enhance the planning of a successful chemical flooding process. Builder and Results will be used to create, modify data, and analyze the results.
After completing the course, you will be able to build a typical chemical flooding dataset using STARS advanced functionality from laboratory matching through field scale simulation.
- Approximation of K‐value from the fluid model representation in STARS
- Thermal processes review and key aspects of the design
- Review of chemical injection and its simulation in STARS:
- Alkaline, surfactant, polymer (ASP)
- Gels and foams
- Modelling and analysis of polymer/gel injection
- History Match techniques for a 2D model from a core flood with laboratory data
- Scaling of a laboratory core flood in 2D model to a field scale model
- Modelling a foam injection case
Also Available in
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.