Calgary, AB, Canada
This is a full-time, permanent position
People are our most valuable asset.
Job Description & Summary
A career within CMG’s Consulting services will provide you with the opportunity to build, develop & grow multiple consulting business lines and offerings in the Energy Industry. if you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. This position has responsibility for the functional and operational management of the global oil & gas consulting business. The Director- Consulting, will guide strategies for growth of energy consulting across all CMG offices in alignment with strategies and financial objectives for the global consulting business and be accountable for the financial performance of the group.
This will involve development of a strong high-performance reserves, reservoir engineering, and Energy Transition consulting teams. The consulting group will provide customized solutions and advisory from conceptualization to implementation stages of the project. The Consulting Group will also collaborate strongly with other company business units as warranted.
As a Director- Consulting, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and grow the consulting brand for CMG in reserves, reservoir simulation, and energy transition consulting services
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of multiple consulting projects across different clients, comprising multiple resources and teams
- Ensure quality control in the performance and completion of consulting studies through establishment of professional work practices and application of the group’s peer review process
- Ensure strong communication of business opportunities between offices and related business units, sharing of resources between offices and development of strong win plans for new projects
- Responsible for the P&L for the Global Consulting business
- Identify and discuss key problems our clients are trying to solve, and identify potential opportunities & solutions
- Support the broader practice by providing inputs on strategy and driving the development of new consulting offerings and capabilities
- Participate in proposal development, creating innovative approaches and methodologies tailored to address specific client requirements
- Develop a performance culture that emphasizes production of a value-added solutions, quality deliverables on time and on budget, and in line with client expectations and internal standards
- Drive innovation in new and cost-competitive consulting services
- Facilitate the interactions between our support & consulting teams, as well as with sales and marketing groups to achieve ongoing pipeline of consulting projects
- Actively support business development through participation in professional conferences, direct business development activities, client relationship building and preparation of proposal scopes of work and budgets
- Grow and develop our consulting team through hands-on recruitment, training and coaching
- Communicate strategies and performance to senior management
- Ensure professional development of the team by maintaining a continuous and strong focus on performance discussions between managers and staff, and assessment of training needs
- Provide subject matter experience to specific marketing initiatives, and guide preparation and delivery of white papers and conference presentations
- Other duties might be assigned based on business needs.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years international experience in diverse roles in consulting and engineering studies, in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing diverse technical teams.
- Extensive experience demonstrating knowledge of strategy, operations and technology used in oil and gas consulting services.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more disciplines is an asset: Reservoir engineering, reservoir simulation, reserves studies, CCS & CCUS, Geothermal, production engineering etc.
- Industry recognition as a credible leader in providing oil and gas consulting services
- Experience and demonstrated leadership in managing a consulting group, and managing full P&L
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with clients by demonstrating subject matter expertise and knowledge.
- Demonstrated capability in thought leadership, new business development
- Strong drive to succeed, outgoing personality, & strong desire to grow and manage a consulting business
- Excellent communication, mentoring, and collaboration skills is a must
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
CMG’s total rewards program includes:
- Competitive salary
- Top of the line non-matching RRSP contributions based on total compensation package
- Bonus program based on personal and company performance
- Outstanding health and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation, wellness days, flex days, Christmas break etc.
- Hybrid work model with 3 works days in the office and possibility of working 2 days from home
- Choice of secure underground parking or transit pass
- On-site gym
- Car wash
- Complimentary barista style coffee and many more!
Our Vision: to be the leading developer and supplier of dynamic reservoir technologies in the world.
CMG is a Canadian-based computer software technology and consulting company serving the oil and gas industry. We specialize in advanced recovery processes, helping our clients generate greater returns from their oil and gas assets. Recognized worldwide as a leading developer of reservoir flow modeling software, CMG has seven sales and technical support offices worldwide to service our blue chip client base of more than 600 international oil companies and technology centers in more than 60 countries.
With frequent credit in technical and investor publications, some of CMG's recent accolades include:
- Branham 300 - Top 250 Canadian ICT Companies (since 2011)
- S&P/TSX Composite Index Member (2015-2019)
- 2016 Alberta Venture 250, #166 by revenue
- 2014 Canadian Business Investor 500, #89 for small cap stock
- Customer related statistics:
- 100% of the super majors use CMG
- 90% of the top-10 National Oil Companies (NOC) use CMG
- 80% of the top-25 world's biggest oil companies, by production, use CMG
CMG's shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “CMG”.