Reservoir Simulation Engineer
This is a full-time, permanent position
The ideal candidate would have a mixture of both technical and business skills to provide the required high level of technical support to our customers, but to also actively cooperate with the CMG Sales staff and Regional VP responsible for the Indian market. This represents an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual, who wishes a high level of control on their working environment; who wishes to learn from leading experts in the reservoir engineering field; and has an interest in adding business development and commercial experience to their skillset.
Initial and ongoing training will be provided but the successful candidate must also be self-motivated to learn about the theory and application of these reservoir simulation software tools. Once a certain technical level has been achieved you will be expected to assist in support activities at CMG client offices; conduct training courses as per your level of expertise; and assist in consulting projects as required. You will report both to the Regional Team Lead, Customer Success and Consulting. The position represents an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to learn and actively participate in a small expert team environment with the backing and opportunities of a larger global organization.
BSc in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or related degree, MSc preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
• A good working knowledge of reservoir simulation software e.g. CMG’s IMEX, GEM, or STARS; Eclipse; or other similar products.
• Able to communicate effectively and clearly with others.
• Be self-motivated, require minimal supervision, and have excellent communication skills both in written and verbal English.
RECOMMENDED (not must):
• Working knowledge of production engineering software e.g. Hysys; Prosper; GAP; Pipesim; or other similar products.
• Experience of using PHREEQC; UTCHEM; or other similar types of software.
• Experience of uncertainty analysis, optimisation and chemical EOR methods.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
• Work as part of a small local team, and to work collaboratively with individuals from other teams across the globe.
• Provide day-to-day technical support and assistance for our customers based in the region.
• Conduct relevant CMG training courses once an appropriate technical level has been reached.
• Potentially get involved in limited amounts of consultancy;
• Support and ensure the success of any evaluations of CMG products within India.
• Generally assist in CMG business development in India and liaise with the CMG Sales staff to expand CMG’s business in India, with the potential to move towards a more mixed technical sales role in the future.
Our Vision: to be the leading developer and supplier of dynamic reservoir technologies in the world.
CMG is a Canadian-based computer software technology and consulting company serving the oil and gas industry. We specialize in advanced recovery processes, helping our clients generate greater returns from their oil and gas assets. Recognized worldwide as a leading developer of reservoir flow modeling software, CMG has seven sales and technical support offices worldwide to service our blue chip client base of more than 600 international oil companies and technology centers in more than 60 countries.
With frequent credit in technical and investor publications, some of CMG's recent accolades include:
- Branham 300 - Top 250 Canadian ICT Companies (since 2011)
- S&P/TSX Composite Index Member (2015-2019)
- 2016 Alberta Venture 250, #166 by revenue
- 2014 Canadian Business Investor 500, #89 for small cap stock
- Customer related statistics:
- 100% of the super majors use CMG
- 90% of the top-10 National Oil Companies (NOC) use CMG
- 80% of the top-25 world's biggest oil companies, by production, use CMG
CMG's shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “CMG”.