CMOST for Thermal Applications
Who should attend
This three-day course is designed for engineers, geologists or other technical personnel who would like to learn the basics of CMG’s Advanced Process and Thermal Simulator STARS. Students should have completed the two-day Introduction to Builder/Results Training Course or have hands-on experience using Builder/Results software to learn the STARS simulation applications.
About the course
The course will introduce concepts of the STARS simulator with an emphasis on component design and other advanced features available in STARS. The individual should be familiar with simulation work and have some practical experience in simulation. CMG’s Builder/Results software will be used extensively to create, modify data and analyze results. Several hands-on exercises will be included to help new users build thermal EOR STARS-simulation models.
- STARS simulator features and applications
- Component concepts and specific functions unique to STARS including reaction kinetics, solid handling, adsorption and others
- Review of Builder/Results to input and analyze simulation data
- Thermal EOR Simulation
- Cyclic Steam Stimulation
- Numerical Tuning to optimize STARS performance
- Use CMOST to history match and optimize a single well cyclic steam stimulation
- Advanced Well Modelling in STARS
- FlexWell for modelling transient segregated flow in horizontal wells equipped with multiple tubing strings.
Email or Phone at +1.403.531.1300.