Introduction to CMG's Modelling Workflows
CMG is now offering training courses online due to the current circumstances with COVID-19.
Learn the basics of reservoir simulation and how to build a black oil simulation model using the latest pre-processing and post-processing technology available for CMG simulators. These include Builder, which handles data preparation for black oil (IMEX), compositional (GEM) and advanced thermal/chemical process (STARS) simulators.
Practice importing basic raw data such as geological maps, PVT data, core analysis, production data, and perforation/completion events into Builder to create a complete dataset, initially for IMEX. Use Results to view the simulation output. Analytical correlations in PVT and/or rock permeability curves will also be discussed in more detail.
After completing the course, you will be able to build a basic black oil simulation model and apply a similar approach to create a compositional GEM dataset or a thermal STARS dataset.
- Introduction to Builder, different map formats:
- Non-orthogonal corner point grids on
- Interpolation, edit reservoir properties, add/delete wells including vertical and horizontal wells
- Add aquifers, PVT data, relative permeability curves, and smoothe/adjust data graphically
- Analytical correlations used in preparing PVT data and rock/fluid properties
- Define fluid contacts, set reference pressure, select different initialization methods
- Create recurrent well data and production history files based on general field production data
- Define well perforations and create restart records for prediction runs
- Validate data, run tests, and review results using Results
- Create different Results template files, multiple plots, and Excel style reports
Email or Phone at +1.403.531.1300.
CMG Training Courses Prerequisites