In this course you'll learn about geothermal energy and various geothermal energy extraction techniques. Learn to simulate the extraction of geothermal energy and model the heat extraction by producing hot water from and injecting cold water into a hot geo-pressured reservoir using CMG’s thermal and advanced processes reservoir simulator STARS.
Create, modify, and analyze simulation datasets and results using Builder and Results in this hands-on training course. Capture relevant reservoir processes and wellbore heat transfer using STARS and quantify the effect of various reservoir parameters on energy extracted using CMOST.
- Overview of geothermal energy
- Worldwide outlook
- Methods of extraction
- Overview of STARS Features and Applications:
- Thermal properties and model creation
- SAM wellbore modelling
- Creation of Geothermal base model incorporating wellbore model and constraints
- Adding water injectors to base model for pressure maintenance
- Sensitivity analysis of a geothermal model using CMOST
- Single Geothermal Well-Closed Loop System
- Enhanced Geothermal System (EGS)
Upcoming Course Dates
- February 16, 2023 (in person - North America)
- April 13, 2023 (online - North America)
- May 11, 2023 (online - North America)
- May 31 and June 1, 2023 (online - Europe)
Email or Phone at +1.403.531.1300.