Modelling of Shale, Tight Oil and Gas Reservoirs
CMG is now offering training courses online due to the current circumstances with COVID-19.
Who should attend
This three-day course covers shale gas and Tight Oil reservoir simulation using CMG’s compositional simulator GEM, and techniques of History Matching, Optimization, Sensitivity Analysis, and Uncertainty Assessment using CMG’s post-processing software CMOST. This course is designed for engineers, geologists and other technical personnel undertaking basic or advanced shale gas reservoir simulation. A basic reservoir engineering background in shale gas is required with little or no reservoir simulation experience.
About the course
GEM. Shale gas and Tight Oil reservoir theory and simulation concepts will be discussed along with practical and applied approach of history matching and optimization techniques using CMOST. This course also includes instruction on CMG's Builder software, which handles the bulk of data preparation for compositional simulation (GEM) for unconventional reservoirs. Basic raw data such as geological maps, fluid. The course will introduce the latest technology in compositional simulation using the CMG simulator composition data, core analysis, production data, perforation/completion events, and microseismic data are imported into Builder to create a complete dataset for the GEM simulator.
- Introduction to Builder preprocessor features
- Grid creation using maps and Rescue import from geological software
- Input of shale gas reservoir characteristics including adsorption data for a multiple component system
- Input data for multiple permeability system
- Preparation of rock/fluid properties using analytical correlations
- Discussions on well configurations: vertical, horizontal, multilateral, etc.
- Modeling of hydraulic fracture and natural fracture networks in shale gas reservoirs using the fracturing wizard in Builder
- Incorporating microseismic data into fracture modeling
- Exercises which demonstrate Sensitivity, History Matching and Optimization using CMOST for an unconventional data set
- Validate data and run simulation datasets, review results using Results 3D and Results Graph
Email or Phone at +1.403.531.1300.