Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
Wednesday April 28, 2021 - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM MST
Learn how to generate more efficient and reliable SAGD simulation models using advanced functionality available in STARS.
Review the practical aspects related to SAGD reservoir simulation models that affect results and run time. Practice various workflows to quality-check datasets using real-life cases. Through hands-on exercises and examples, learn how to modify typical SAGD models.
By the end of this course, you will be able to identify and solve problematic data pertaining to input parameters such as grid properties, thermal properties, PVT Fluid Model & Well constraints.
- Data required for SAGD simulation
- Generating a geologically consistent SAGD simulation model
- Quality check of a reservoir simulation model
- Identifying and troubleshooting data that may result in poor numerical performace
- Modification of datasets and impact on the results
- Numerical tuning and run time improvement workflow using CMOST AI
Anson, a Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer, is an expert in thermal simulation, including SAGD, wellbore design and wellbore hydraulics. Anson has authored several technical papers on SAGD multiphase flow measurement. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree with honours in Petroleum Engineering, University of Adelaide, Australia, and a Master of Science in Reservoir Geosciences and Engineering from Institut Français du Pétrole, IFP, France.