Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
May 3 and 4, 2023 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM MDT (GMT-6)
This training course introduces thermal enhanced oil recovery (EOR) simulation using CMG technology. Learn the various facets of thermal EOR modelling including:
- Component design
- Thermal properties
- Relative permeability interpolation
Discuss advanced thermal modelling concepts and applications such as reaction kinetics, adsorption and advanced wellbore modelling. Build your expertise through a series of hands-on exercises that emphasize on steam flood and cyclic steam stimulation (CSS) applications.
This course provides engineers, geologists and other technical personnel with the information and techniques required to build a simple STARS dataset and explore complex STARS functions.
- Overview of STARS Features and Applications:
- A three-phase Multi-component Thermal and Steam Additive Simulator
- Understanding the STARS component concept (K-values)
- Thermal Properties
- Relative permeability Interpolation and Scaling.
- Other advanced capabilities:
- Chemical applications including reactions & Component adsorption
- Solids deposition and migration
- Dynamic Gridding
- Non petroleum process application (medical & biochemical).
- Creation of Cyclic Steam Base Model
- Implementation of Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS)
- Implementing the Dilation Re-compaction model
- Changing a Steam Flood into a Water Flood
- Changing Cyclic Steam into Primary Production
- Increasing Oil Viscosity.
Assaad Kanaan is a Reservoir Simulation Engineer with experience in various areas such as CCS, optimization, machine learning, well stimulation, IPSM, and computational fluid dynamics. He graduated from the University of Calgary with a Bachelor of Science in Oil and Gas Engineering.