Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM BST (GMT)
In this half-day hands-on training course, you’ll learn about geothermal energy and various geothermal energy extraction techniques. Learn to simulate the extraction of geothermal energy and model the heat extraction by producing hot water from and injecting cold water into a hot geo-pressured reservoir using CMG’s thermal and advanced processes reservoir simulator STARS. Create, modify, and analyze simulation datasets and results using Builder and Results. Capture relevant reservoir processes and wellbore heat transfer using STARS and quantify the effect of various reservoir parameters on energy extracted using CMOST.
- Overview of geothermal energy
- Worldwide outlook
- Methods of extraction
- Overview of STARS Features and Applications:
- Thermal properties and model creation
- SAM wellbore modelling
- Creation of Geothermal base model incorporating wellbore model and constraints
- Adding water injectors to base model for pressure maintenance
- Sensitivity analysis of a geothermal model using CMOST
Marco, a Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer, has over 10 years of industry experience working as a Reservoir Engineer throughout Europe, with a particular focus on unconventional reservoir studies. His expertise encompasses thermal recovery studies for heavy and extra heavy oil fields. He holds a Master of Science in Physics from the Universita’degli Studi dell’Insubria in Italy.