Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
June 14th and June 15th, 2023 - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM BST (GMT+1)
In this course you'll learn about geothermal energy and various geothermal energy extraction techniques. Learn to simulate the extraction of geothermal energy and model the heat extraction by producing hot water from and injecting cold water into a hot geo-pressured reservoir using CMG’s thermal and advanced processes reservoir simulator STARS. Create, modify, and analyze simulation datasets and results using Builder and Results in this hands-on training course. Capture relevant reservoir processes and wellbore heat transfer using STARS and quantify the effect of various reservoir parameters on energy extracted using CMOST.
- Overview of geothermal energy
- Worldwide outlook
- Methods of extraction
- Overview of STARS Features and Applications:
- Thermal properties and model creation
- SAM wellbore modelling
- Creation of Geothermal base model incorporating wellbore model and constraints
- Adding water injectors to base model for pressure maintenance
- Sensitivity analysis of a geothermal model using CMOST
- Single Geothermal Well-Closed Loop System
- Enhanced Geothermal System (EGS)
Reza, a Reservoir Simulation Engineer has joined CMG since 2020. He has completed his MSc degrees in Petroleum Engineering from University of Calgary, Canada. He holds a PhD degree in Petroleum Engineering from Heriot-Watt University, UK. In CMG, he has been involved in conducting trainings and software support and he specializes in modelling of various reservoir/production simulation topics including black oil/compositional reservoir simulation, Energy transition and integrated production system modelling. Prior joining CMG, he was a lecturer and course leader of Petroleum Engineering course at University of Portsmouth, UK.