Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
March 1 and 2, 2023 - 9:00am to 4:00pm MST (GMT-7)
Learn how to apply GEM’s advanced functionality to model shale and/or tight oil and gas. Identify and model different hydraulic fracture methods, including:
- Planar fracture
- Complex fracture networks
- Create fractures from microseismic data using Builder
This course will teach attendees how to effectively simulate an unconventional reservoir using GEM and successfully apply uncertainty analysis concepts and assisted history matching principles to the model.
- Input shale gas reservoir characteristics (e.g. adsorption and diffusion) • Model a dual permeability system with a natural fracture network
- Model planar & complex hydraulic fractures
- Incorporate microseismic data
- Perform sensitivity analyses & history matches for a tight reservoir using CMOST AI
- Hands-on experience using GEM and IMEX for:
- Shale Gas
- Tight Oil
- Tight Gas-Condensate
Assaad Kanaan is a Reservoir Simulation Engineer with experience in various areas such as CCS, optimization, machine learning, well stimulation, IPSM, and computational fluid dynamics. He graduated from the University of Calgary with a Bachelor of Science in Oil and Gas Engineering.