Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
April 17 and 18, 2023 - 9:00am to 4:00pm MDT (GMT-6)
Learn how to apply GEM’s advanced functionality to model shale and/or tight oil and gas. Identify and model different hydraulic fracture methods, including:
- Planar fracture
- Complex fracture networks
- Create fractures from microseismic data using Builder
This course will teach attendees how to effectively simulate an unconventional reservoir using GEM and successfully apply uncertainty analysis concepts and assisted history matching principles to the model.
- Input shale gas reservoir characteristics (e.g. adsorption and diffusion) • Model a dual permeability system with a natural fracture network
- Model planar & complex hydraulic fractures
- Incorporate microseismic data
- Perform sensitivity analyses & history matches for a tight reservoir using CMOST AI
- Hands-on experience using GEM and IMEX for:
- Shale Gas
- Tight Oil
- Tight Gas-Condensate
Ahmed Rana, a Reservoir Simulation Engineer, has experience in both reservoir and production engineering workflows that are related to conventional/unconventional oil and gas reservoir simulation. He has worked on the complex integration of both production and reservoir engineering projects. Ahmed holds a BSc. degree in Chemical Engineering with a minor in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Calgary, Canada.