Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
May 22 and 23, 2023 - 9:00am to 4:00pm MDT (GMT-6)
Learn how to apply GEM’s advanced functionality to model shale and/or tight oil and gas. Identify and model different hydraulic fracture methods, including:
- Planar fracture
- Complex fracture networks
- Create fractures from microseismic data using Builder
This course will teach attendees how to effectively simulate an unconventional reservoir using GEM and successfully apply uncertainty analysis concepts and assisted history matching principles to the model.
- Input shale gas reservoir characteristics (e.g. adsorption and diffusion) • Model a dual permeability system with a natural fracture network
- Model planar & complex hydraulic fractures
- Incorporate microseismic data
- Perform sensitivity analyses & history matches for a tight reservoir using CMOST AI
- Hands-on experience using GEM and IMEX for:
- Shale Gas
- Tight Oil
- Tight Gas-Condensate
Amin Dehghani is a petroleum engineer with over nine years of production and reservoir engineering experience in the middle East and North America. He has conducted various well-intervention operations in the Middle East, and is experienced in the wellbore and network modeling. At CMG, he has been providing wellbore analysis and integrated production system modeling (IPSM) to CMG customers. He holds a BSc and MSc in reservoir engineering from Petroleum University of Technology and Sharif University of Technology, Iran.