Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
June 27 & 28, 2022 - 9:00am to 4:00pm CDT (GMT-5)
Learn how to apply GEM’s advanced functionality to model shale and/or tight oil and gas. Identify and model different hydraulic fracture methods, including:
- Planar fracture
- Complex fracture networks
- Create fractures from microseismic data using Builder
This course will teach attendees how to effectively simulate an unconventional reservoir using GEM and successfully apply uncertainty analysis concepts and assisted history matching principles to the model.
- Input shale gas reservoir characteristics (e.g. adsorption and diffusion) • Model a dual permeability system with a natural fracture network
- Model planar & complex hydraulic fractures
- Incorporate microseismic data
- Perform sensitivity analyses & history matches for a tight reservoir using CMOST AI
- Hands-on experience using GEM and IMEX for:
- Shale Gas
- Tight Oil
- Tight Gas-Condensate
Simulation Engineer & Consulting Coordinator, is an expert in the simulation of unconventional oil or gas (CBM, shale and tight), hydraulic fracturing, microseismic, optimization and uncertainty analysis. He holds a Bachelor of Science, Oil and Gas Engineering degree from the University of Calgary, Canada. Alex started with CMG in the Visualization team, assisting with the development and testing of Builder, Results, CMOST AI and Launcher before joining the Consulting, Support and Training team in 2009.