Note: This course is taught in English
Nota: Este curso se ofrece en Inglés.
Price $598 Professional / $178 Student for 2-day class
January 19 and 20, 2022 9:00am - 4:00pm MST
Learn how to apply GEM’s advanced functionality to model shale and/or tight oil and gas. Identify and model different hydraulic fracture methods, including:
- Planar fracture
- Complex fracture networks
- Create fractures from microseismic data using Builder
This course will teach attendees how to effectively simulate an unconventional reservoir using GEM and successfully apply uncertainty analysis concepts and assisted history matching principles to the model.
- Input shale gas reservoir characteristics (e.g. adsorption and diffusion)
- Model a dual permeability system with a natural fracture network
- Model planar & complex hydraulic fractures
- Incorporate microseismic data
- Perform sensitivity analyses & history matches for a tight reservoir using CMOST AI
- Hands-on experience using GEM and IMEX for:
- Shale Gas
- Tight Oil
- Tight Gas-Condensate
Kevin, a Reservoir Simulation Engineer, has over seven years of industry expertise in thermal recovery processes (SAGD) and unconventional gas and oil reservoir simulation, particularly hydraulic fracturing. Kevin applies his experience with advanced wellbore modelling tools, including both iSegWell and FlexWell, to provide unparalleled support and training to CMG customers. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Calgary, Canada.