Wednesday January 27, 2021 9:00am - 4:00pm CST
Learn how to apply GEM’s advanced functionality to model shale and/or tight oil and gas. Identify and model different hydraulic fracture methods, including:
- Planar fracture
- Complex fracture networks
- Create fractures from microseismic data using Builder
This course will teach attendees how to effectively simulate an unconventional reservoir using GEM and successfully apply uncertainty analysis concepts and assisted history matching principles to the model.
- Input shale gas reservoir characteristics (e.g. adsorption and diffusion) • Model a dual permeability system with a natural fracture network
- Model planar & complex hydraulic fractures
- Incorporate microseismic data
- Perform sensitivity analyses & history matches for a tight reservoir using CMOST AI
- Hands-on experience using GEM and IMEX for:
- Shale Gas
- Tight Oil
- Tight Gas-Condensate
Kiran, Account Manager and Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer, has six years of experience working with CMG. Kiran, with his unique skill set of sales and support, provides our customers with an unparalleled user experience and industry standard reservoir simulation technology tools and consulting. He specializes in unconventional reservoir modelling and optimization. Kiran holds a Master of Science, Petroleum Engineering from the University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA and a Bachelor of Technology degree from the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University in India.