Phase Behaviour Modelling & PVT Creation using WinProp
CMG is now offering training courses online due to the current circumstances with COVID-19.
Who should attend
This two-day course is for engineers or other technical personnel who would like to use WinProp to predict phase behaviour of reservoir fluids as well as to characterize these fluids for reservoir simulation. Some knowledge of reservoir fluids phase behaviour is recommended.
About the course
WinProp is CMG's equation of state (EOS) multiphase equilibrium and properties simulation program. This course will discuss techniques for characterizing the heavy ends of petroleum fluid, lumping of components, matching laboratory PVT data through regression, simulation of first and multiple contact miscibility, and phase diagram generation. This course will also present a comprehensive description of the steps involved in tuning an EOS to obtain a fluid model suitable for inclusion in CMG’s IMEX, GEM and STARS reservoir simulators. Participants will learn how to use laboratory measured data to tune the EOS for use in reservoir simulation. All this will be followed by discussions on the analysis of the results generated by WinProp.
- Introduction to WinProp to be used as phase behaviour calculations
- Techniques in splitting, lumping and grouping of heavier hydrocarbons
- Use of Multi-phase Flash calculations and creation of Phase Envelopes
- Matching of various laboratory experiments and EOS tuning by regression, including:
- Saturation Pressure
- Gas-Oil Ratio (GOR)
- Swelling Test
- Liquid Drop-Out from a Gas Condensate
- Determination of Minimum Miscibility Pressure (MMP) and Multi-Contact Miscibility (MCM)
- Differential Liberation (DL) and Constant Composition Expansion (CCE)
- Viscosity as a function of Pressure and/or Temperature
- Output of different Fluid Model types for Black-Oil (IMEX), K-Value (STARS), and Compositional (GEM)
- PVT lab experiment matching using regression technique
- Using tuned EOS to create PVT data file for IMEX, GEM and STARS simulator.
Email or Phone at +1.403.531.1300.