Learn SAGD recovery and how to simulate this bitumen recovery process using CMG’s thermal and advanced processes reservoir simulator STARS. Create, modify, and analyze simulation datasets and results using Builder and Results in this intensive hands-on training course. Capture relevant physical processes and operating strategies and understand the applications of various wellbore models available in STARS.
Through a series of case studies and practical exercises, you will build proficiency needed to design typical SAGD simulation datasets.
- General STARS reservoir simulator features and applications
- SAGD process review and key aspects of the design
- Building a K-Value based fluid model in WinProp
- Building STARS datasets for SAGD
- Sink/source well, FlexWell, and SAM applications
- 2D and 3D examples are created and utilized
- Simulation output analysis using Results
- Dynamic gridding (DynaGrid) and SAGD parallelization
- ES-SAGD simulation
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.