Solvents - Additives EOR Modelling using STARS
Learn how to create field scale or lab-scale models for the solvent-assisted heavy oil and bitumen recovery processes using STARS. Discuss the important mechanisms necessary for modelling any solvent based process including:
- Solvent-bitumen mass transfer
- Numerical dispersion
- Grid size sensitivity
- Change in wettability
- Asphaltene deposition etc.
Use Builder and Results to create, modify, and analyze simulation datasets and their results. Using real data, you will build a series of typical thermal and non-thermal solvent-based bitumen recovery processes.
After completing the course, you will be able to identify when and how to make an appropriate fluid model for any solvent-assisted heavy oil recovery process.
- Building the dataset for the isothermal and thermal solvent-based processes (ES-SAGD, VAPEX etc.) in STARS
- Temperature-dependent and composition-dependent relative permeability curves
- Modelling asphaltene precipitation and deposition in STARS
- Detail interpretation and analysis of output results
|Course Name / Location||Course Date|
|Solvents - Additives EOR Modelling using STARS (Calgary) (121317)||Calgary||
Wed, 12/13/2017 - 08:30 to Thu, 12/14/2017 - 16:30
|Solvents - Additives EOR Modelling using STARS (Calgary) (031218)||Calgary||
Mon, 03/12/2018 - 08:30 to Tue, 03/13/2018 - 16:30