Black Oil &
- Model under-saturated and saturate oils, volatile oils, gas condensates, dry and wet gas reservoir fluid systems
- Choose from multiple gridding options: Cartesian, radial, areal orthogonal and fully non-orthogonal corner point grids
- Model naturally fractured reservoirs and gravity segregation processes using the multiple dual continuum options
- Achieve rapid history matching and optimization of reservoir management workflows by seamlessly interfacing with CMOST AI
Secondary Oil Recovery: Improve Reservoir Deliverability
Evaluate and optimize field development plans and predict recovery for primary and secondary recovery methods in complex and heterogeneous reservoirs.
- Predict and compare reservoir performance by applying: water injection, polymer injection, pseudo-miscible gas injection, in continuous and WAG mode
- Implement polymer related processes by modelling adsorption, polymer degradation, shear thinning and non-linear viscosity mixing
- Inject chase gas with different properties than the solution gas
- Advanced wellbore modelling tool fully coupled to reservoir simulator
- Wellbore modelling for gravity and friction pressure losses (horizontal and multi-lateral wells, downhole equipment, tubing)
- Increase well capability by simultaneously optimizing well design and reservoir productivity
- Define and use advanced flow control devices (FCDs) to optimize injection and production strategy
Unconventional Reservoirs: Efficient Production Forecasts
Use one of the most sophisticated tools for modelling naturally or hydraulically fractured reservoirs to accurately capture transient flow behavior and to achieve better production forecasts.
- Logarithmically-spaced, locally-refined (LS-LR) grids for accurate and efficient modelling of naturally or hydraulically fractured reservoirs
- Model longitudinal or transverse bi-wing hydraulic fractures and complex hydraulic fracture networks through a stimulated reservoir volume (SRV)
- Achieve better propped fracture characterization, history matching and forecasting with imported third-party hydraulic fracture simulation data
- Model variation in permeability along the length of the fracture to more realistically capture field conditions
- Accurately model the matrix-fracture and matrix-matrix transfer in naturally fractured reservoirs
- Utilize various correlations to capture the effect of non-Darcy flow inside hydraulic fractures
- Ability to characterize geometry, shape and size of the SRV using microseismic data
- Achieve more reliable gas-in-place and reserves estimates by modelling adsorption gas contribution to production in shale and CBM reservoirs
- Optimize well and fracture spacing to increase production, NPV and EUR
Coupled Surface Network Modelling: Optimize from Reservoir to Point of Delivery
Create explicitly-coupled subsurface and surface network models, including onshore gas storage fields and deep water offshore oil and gas fields.
- Couple to third-party surface network simulators to model more complex (e.g. looped) surface networks
- Coupled system modelling allows engineers to trouble-shoot bottlenecks in the entire reservoir and surface network system
- Decrease project turn-around time
- Run more simulation jobs simultaneously and get results faster than before
- Additional parallelization increases parallel speed-up when jobs are submitted on a higher number of cores
- Reduce capital expenditures with efficient use of current IT hardware, no annual upgrades required
- Quickly load results of large models using the new standardized and compressed SR3 files to maximize productivity
Want to learn more?
Check out the SPE technical papers focused on IMEX - you'll have an opportunity to learn from our customers and our R&D team on innovative applications of IMEX in the field. Find out more...